Tuesday 8 July 2014

Doctor Who Experience (Best Weekend Ever pt.2)

Hello and welcome back! In continuation of the previous post, the wonderful weekend continued! On Sunday, my dad and I travelled the 3 and a half hours (but with traffic, more like 4 and a half) to Cardiff so we could visit the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff Bay the following day. We arrived and went straight out for food (Nando's with a glass of sangria that  I could most definitely eat again right now) and then on to a few drinks at a couple of other pubs. Watching the sun set over Cardiff castle with a glass of wine in the city's oldest alehouse was definitely a wonderful experience.

Monday morning came and we took the short bus trip from our hotel to the bay ready for our 10am tour slot. To say I was giddy would be an understatement. I'm the biggest  Doctor Who fan and had been dying to go to the Experience for years so this was a bit of a dream come true, as sad as that sounds. If you are a fan and can make your way to Cardiff, I could not recommend this attraction more. It was INCREDIBLE.

The first part was a walking tour and we all actually felt like we were on a trip with the Doctor. I won't give away what happens in this bit, plus no photos were allowed, so if you want to go I'll leave it as a surprise! Although I seriously can't thank my dad enough for taking me to this amazing place, and then putting up with my sheer giddiness the whole day!! After this, we got to go to the exhibition space which is two floors literally full of genuine costumes, models of monsters and the chance to have a photo against a green screen with props that put you in the destination of your choice.. Couldn't resist taking a lame, cheesy photo (or two!!). The following photos are just a small snippet of the plethora of amazing things at the Experience.


We also had a bit of a wander round the (very windy) bay and just had a genuinely lovely day! 


So that was quite possibly the best weekend EVER. I honestly could not recommend both the Doctor Who Experience in Porth Teigr, Cardiff and Rufford Old  Hall enough. I am one very lucky lady and this weekend has really reminded just how much!

Until next time my beauties,

No comments:

Post a Comment