Tuesday 19 August 2014

Life In Verbs

Last week on the Burnley moors, walking with my best friend.
watching // The Great British Bake Off. I am utterly obsessed with this show. I've watched it since day one of the first series and I still love it as much as I did then. I'm a big baker myself, so I love getting inspiration from it, as well as feeling serious baking envy because my skills are nowhere near as good as theirs! Plus, who doesn't love a big of Mel and Sue innuendo every now and again?

listening // Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. Now I don't know if I've ever spoken to you guys about my love for Taylor. I've loved her for a good 6+ years, I was lucky enough to meet her 3 years ago and her live stream yesterday announcing her new album and single was SO exciting.

reading // Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I've been struggling to feel passionate about reading lately so I've always had my way of conquering this; revisiting an old book that I know I love. Jane Austen is one of my absolute favourite authors,  I love her and her stories and her characters more than I can say. This book in particular is one of my favourites because of how much I relate to both Elinor and Marianne in their own ways. I feel like myself, as a person, is slap bang in the middle of these two sister's personalities.

anticipating // Doctor Who Series 8. It starts on Saturday (!!!) and I am beyond excited to see what Peter Capaldi is going to bring to this role, I think he's perfect for The Doctor and I really think this series is going to seriously take a step up from the level Series 7 was at. 

dreading // Going back to University. Well. When I say dreading, I'm sort of lying. I'm excited to see my best friends there, I'm excited to start second year of my course, but the thought of leaving home again and the routine I've got into, having to find a new job, worrying about bills etc. That's the bit that I'm dreading.

dreaming // About the future. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I can stop looking backwards and feeling like I can't go forwards in life. I am able to look ahead, think about what I want to do after my degree finishes, where I want to travel, the kind of people I want to meet and maybe even the kind of person I want to settle down with. I'm one of those people who wiles away the hours just dreaming about the endless possibilities of life. 

What have you guys been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment